Thank you for visiting the www.Stateel.com Website (“Site”) which is under the operation of Stateel Fitness Sdn. Bhd. (“Stateel”, “our”, “us” or “we”). We respect your privacy and want to protect your Personal Information (as defined below).
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any web site not operated by Stateel to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
TYPE OF INFORMATION
1. Type of Information.
- name, age, gender, marital status, race, nationality, IC number, passport number, date of birth, photo;
- contact details such as house number, mobile number, email, home address, correspondence address, delivery address, your location, region or state of staying;
- transaction data such as details about payments to and from you, and other details of products and services you have purchased from us;
- technical data, such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and site, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site;
- profile data such as your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- usage data such as information on how you use the Site, products and services;
- bank statements, credit card information and such other financial details and information;
- text, graphics, images, audio and video clips; and
- generally any other government issued identification and/or relevant authority issued identification.
2. Source of Personal Information.
Your Personal Information will be obtained from the following sources, where applicable, or such other sources which we may see fit from time to time and/or we may collect Personal Information directly from you when:
- you communicate with us (for example when you contact us for any enquiries) or through the usage of the Site;
- information provided or submitted by you through among others, our Affiliates (as defined below), the various types of registration form(s) required for commercial transaction with us, commence a business relationship with us or our partners of third party vendors (where applicable), register your interest or subscribe for information on our publications (for example newsletters), participate in any of our surveys, competitions, contests, or seminar, respond to any materials we send out, (received via email, facsimile, manual submission, online), webpage(s);
- as applicable, publicly available or publicly accessible information; and
- such other written or verbal communications or documents delivered to us prior to and during the course of our dealings with you.
We may also obtain your Personal Information from third-parties we deal with or who are connected with you and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted. As the accuracy of your Personal Information depends largely on the information you provide to us, kindly inform us as soon as practicable if there are any errors in your Personal Information or if there have been any changes to your information.
1. Information Use.
We use your Personal Information to:
- help make the Site easier for you to navigate by not having to repeat entry of information more than once;
- help you efficiently find information, products, and services;
- help us create the most relevant content for you;
- provide you with alerts to new products, services, and information that we offer;
- tailor the most relevant ads or other communications to you;
- to process your account registration and ordering process. Before the use any parts of the Site or ordering products, it is compulsory for you to complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain Personal Information (as may be advised at point of registration). If we encounter an issue when processing your order, we would contact you in accordance with the Personal Information provided.
- in order for you to participate and/or enter into the necessary agreement and/or contract in relation to the services available on the Site;
- for our internal record management in the ordinary course of business;
- such purposes specifically provided for in any particular services offered by us or administer your usage and access of the Site;
- to enable us to send you information by e-mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls or text messages) or social media about services provided by us, our related companies and business partners, authorised third parties which may include but are not limited to the above mentioned purposes which we think may interest you;
- to process any communication you send to us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks);
- for collection of payments from you;
- for prevention of crime including but not limited to fraud, money-laundering, bribery and any crime;
- to meet any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our initiatives, programmes, and activities and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or any of our Affiliates;
- research, benchmarking, and statistical analysis purposes;
- audit, compliance and risk management purposes;
- to share your Personal Information with third party vendors for the purposes of including without limitation to conduct credit reference checks and establishment of your credit worthiness; and
- other related services such as security management, insurance procurement and Site access management.
Age. We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from persons under age 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
2. Obligatory Personal Information and Disclosure.
- All information and Persona Information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. The failure to supply such information as may be needed may:
- result in us being unable to provide you with the notices and/or services/activities requested;
- affect our ability to effect the necessary processes relating to the supply of our services;
- result in us being unable to update you on our latest initiatives, promotions, events and/or launches;
- result in us rejecting and/or unable to process your application as a user of the Site; and/or
- result in the rescission of our approval in respect of your application as our a user of the Site.
- as with most Internet retailers, we sometimes use third party operators to perform specific functions on our behalf such as banks or financial institutions, software vendors, auditors, lawyers, company secretary, consultants, contractors, professional advisors, service providers, printing companies, conference/training/event organizer, other advisers, insurance companies, investigators and etc.);
- our business partners or Affiliates who may jointly provide the service requested for;
- users and any other person accessing the Site if you voluntarily share information about yourself in a public area on the Site. You should be aware that any content or information you choose to disclose in these areas can be read, collected and used by other users, the general public and other sites (including search engines);
- law enforcement officials, governmental authorities, tax authorities, statutory authorities, local council and industry regulators;
- any other person with your consent to the disclosure
We may share non-Personal Information data (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
3. Contests and Other Promotions.
The Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your Personal Information online, and we also take several steps to protect your Personal Information in our facilities. Access to your Personal Information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your Personal Information to perform a specific job are granted access to your Personal Information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
Your Personal Information will be stored for such period as may be necessary to fulfil the purposes stated above after which we will cease to retain your Personal Information, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected, and is no longer necessary for any legal or business purpose.
OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
For certain types of personal data, we have asked for your consent to use the data for certain described purposes at the time you provided it. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
When you give us your consent, you are granting permission to us to process your Personal Information specifically for the purpose identified in the consent request. Where we ask you for additional Personal Information, we will obtain your consent to our proposed use of that data where required, and always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You have the right and shall be given access to your Personal Information held by us and correct the Personal Information where in Personal Information is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. In this respect, you may in writing:
- Check whether we hold and process your Personal Information;
- Request access to such Personal Information;
- Request correction of wrong Personal Information;
- Request explanation on our policies and procedures in relation to Personal Information handled by us;
- Communicate to us your objection to the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes;
- And withdraw, in full or in part, your consent given previously subject to applicable legal requirements/restrictions, our contractual obligations and a reasonable time frame.
Please note that if you communicate your withdrawal of your consent to our use or disclosure of your Personal Information for the purposes and in the manner as stated above, or request the deletion or anonymisation of your Personal Information, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or perform on any contract we have with you, and we will not be liable in the event that we do not continue to provide our products or services to, or perform our contract with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such an event.
You are responsible for informing us about any changes to your Personal Information to enable us to keep your data accurate and current.
You may withdraw consent or limit the processing of your Personal Information at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may pass your Personal Information on to third-party service providers contracted by STATEEL to perform certain services for us and our Affiliates, or to collaborate directly with you. For a complete and up-to-date list of the third parties we are currently using, please send an email to [email protected]
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the purposes and to complete the tasks identified within the STATEEL/Contractor contract. When they no longer require your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Stateel’s procedures.
The Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to make your navigation of the Site more efficient, recognise you as well as your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- Assist you with navigation of our site
- To help you provide feedback to us
- Analysing your use of our products, services or applications
We use the following cookies and classify cookies in the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- Advertising cookies
- Analytics cookies
- Performance cookies
- Session cookies
- Targeting cookies
You can opt-out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies) by clicking on the “cookie settings” button below.
Cookie Privacy Setting
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you would expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but can give you a more personalised web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Click on the different category headings to find out more and change our default settings. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually set only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not be able to work then. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Advertising cookies are placed on your computer by advertisers and ad servers in order to display advertisements that are most likely to be of interest to you. These cookies allow advertisers and ad servers to gather information about your visits to the Site and other websites, alternate the ads sent to a specific computer, and track how often an ad has been viewed and by whom. These cookies are linked to a computer and do not gather any Personal Information about you.
Analytics cookies monitor how users reached the Site, and how they interact with and move around once on the Site. These cookies let us know what features on the Site are working the best and what features on the Site can be improved.
Personalisation cookies are used to recognise repeat visitors to the Site. We use these cookies to record your browsing history, the pages you have visited, and your settings and preferences each time you visit the Site.
Security cookies help identify and prevent security risks. We use these cookies to authenticate users and protect user data from unauthorised parties.
Site Management Cookies
Site management cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the Site so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you can disable all cookies in your browser.
Third-party cookies may be placed on your computer when you visit the Site by companies that run certain services we offer. These cookies allow the third parties to gather and track certain information about you. These cookies can be manually disabled in your browser.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.